March 2018 Letter
Dear Detroit PCC Members,
The 2017-2018 Calendar of events is coming to close, but we still have 3 great events to participate in, please take a moment to review and look to see what events can help you grow and educate your business and clients.
This event will provide expert advice for candidates and mailers who want to take advantage of the United States Postal Service to reach their intended target. Learn how to mail the most efficient and inexpensive way. Webinar is Free.
The Mail Design Professional Course is the only mail piece design certification program approved by the United States Postal Service.
This course is ideal for those who wish to maximize their proficiency in designing letter-size and flat-size mail that meets USPS standards. The course includes:
- Postal addressing standards
- Classes of mail and processing categories
- POSTNET™, Intelligent Mail® and parcel barcode formats and print specifications
- Designing automation letters and flats (tabbing, polywrap, deflection, flexibility, etc.)
- Reply mail (Business, Courtesy, Meter, Permit Reply and Merchandise Return Service)
- Address Information products and Move Update
Learners will also receive information on design standards for:
- Customized Market Mail
- Repositionable Notes
- Election Mail Logos
- Privately Printed Labels
- Reusable Envelopes
The cost for the course is $139.00, which also includes lunch, USPS expert trainers, and the test. The class will be held at the USPS Allen Park NDC (17500 Oakwood Allen Park MI), we have also included a tour of the site afterward.
This year we are moving back to the Links of Novi and once again networking with the Advertising Production Club of Detroit. Last year this event sold-out with 144 golfers, please don’t miss out this year. The $135.00 cost includes golf, cart, lunch & beverages on the course, prizes, and dinner.
This event is a shotgun start and scramble format and is designed for both the beginners to above average players.
To register for any of these events please go to www.DetroitPCC.com we look forward to seeing you and look for our 2018/2019 calendar of events in July.
Detroit PCC Industry Co-Chair
SBA 2021 Small Business Webinar Series
Presentation 06172021 -
SBA Small Business Administration - Small Business Webinar 2021
Click here: SBA 2021 Small Business Recording
Hazmat 2021 Slideshow
Celebrating 60 Years of the PCC Get connected and Grow!
National PCC Day 2019 - Videos!
Detroit PCC presented NPCC Day September 27, 2019
Growth-Driven - Fueling your Mailing & Shipping Success
Erica Brix, VP, Area Operations, GLA Presented on the State of the Business & the Customer Journey: 42 mins
Steven Dearing, Director, Corporate Reporting, USPS HQ Presented Informed Delivery & Informed Visibility: 40 mins
Design the set, choose the guests, plan the program, cameras set and you have
The Detroit PCC Today Talk Show
PCC Industry Panel host, Paul Brotz, Industry Co-Chair and US Postal Service Panel host, Derron Bray, Postmaster Detroit, engage audience questions: 40 mins
The afternoon brought light to the accomplishments of the Detroit District – Progress in our mail processing plus encouraging personal growth
Karlett Gilbert, District Manager, Detroit, Karlett shares her comments in All Things Detroit - Celebrate our Successes: 14 mins
Marc Zack, Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Master, presents his own program; Breakthrough Innovative Thinking: 44 mins
“An event like this gives me an opportunity to have conversations and network to have my business questions answered.”
- Jennifer White, Beaumont Health
Lunch-N-Learn: The Envelope Printery Factory Tour - Presentation
Detroit PCC Lunch-N-Learn Series
The Envelope Printery - Factory Tour
Want to know how to make your direct mail pop?
Customized envelopes have proven to make people notice.
Come to our free L&L at The Envelope Printery facility to see how it is done.
Thursday, October 25, 2018
The Envelope Printery, Inc.
8979 Samuel Barton Dr.
Van Buren Twp, MI 48111
Detroit PCC (Detroit MI)
Congratulations to the Detroit PCC for winning the 2021 Gold and 2021 Platinum Award Levels. They have been diligent in continuing to keep thier membership informed and aware of all the programs and changes that can affect thier business. You can learn more about their PCC below.
Detroit PCC (Detroit, MI)
Date founded: 1994
Members: Approximately 300 active members that covers all of Southeastern Michigan
- NEW ! 2021 PCC Premiere Platinum Level Award
- NEW ! 2021 PCC Premier Gold Level Award
- 2021 PCC March Spotlight Award
- 2020 PCC Innovation of the Year Award – Gold Level
- 2020 PCC Membership Program Excellence Award – Silver Level
- PCC Innovation of the Year- Bronze Award on 2017
- PCC Premier Certificate Award - Gold Level Winners since 2012
- PCC Premier Platinum Award Winners since 2016
Despite the COVID-19 pandemic, the Detroit PCC has remained actively engaged communicating with their membership via email, phone and zoom virtual webinars. Although they had to postpone their large in-person events; the annual Golf outing, plant tour, Coney Dog Buffet, and Holiday Gala in 2020, the Detroit PCC continued their success by hosting various virtual events such as a Political Mail Campaign, National PCC Day, and “Training Elves to Help Santa” which stimulated membership participation with the USPS Operation Santa program.
The Detroit PCC kicked off 2021 by hosting an annual Rate Change webinar in January and a Seamless Acceptance Overview in March. They have also been focusing on supporting the “Essential Worker Thank You” banner program. Throughout the year this program supported by Michigan 1 District Manager, Rick Moreton will honor and thank employees at the Detroit Processing and Distribution Center (P&DC), the Pontiac Metroplex, and the Allen Park Network Distribution Center (NDC) for their unwavering commitment of providing the best possible service to our customers. An ongoing effort, this program will continue honoring employees at local delivery Post Offices throughout the year. The Detroit PCC also conducts a “Stamp of the Month” program promoting education of celebrating stamp collecting and promote postal services that benefit the public at home and at the office.
With the CDC guidelines for social distancing in mind, the Detroit PCC had hosted thier first in-person social events beginning with “Detroit Tiger Day” and their annual golf outing which is in collaboration with the Advertising Production Club of Detroit. Both events were a great success this August 2021.
September 22, 2021 Our next event will be celebrating National PCC Day which will be at the Michigan Metroplex plant. We will host the Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's state of the Postal Service with a Taste of Detroit luncheon and a plant tour. A favorite of our PCC membership. Register your team and we welcome you as a sponsor.
In addition, they are working on future Marketing and Manufacturing events in collaboration with Oakland University. They also look forward to supporting the NALC 2021 Food Drive.
The Detroit PCC is currently led by:
- Postal Co Chair – Donald Dombrow Jr., Detroit, MI Postmaster (A)
- Industry Co Chair – Paul Brotz, Delivery Point Mail Services
- Postal Administrator–Tracy Bonaparte, USPS, Customer Relations Coordinator
- Treasurer – Bob Munoz, Pitney Bowes Pre-Sort Services
- Michigan 1 District Manager – Richard Moreton
- Central Area Marketing Manager – Michael McInturf
- Committee Chairs:
- Patrick Bresser – Industry Executive Board Member
- Kevin Yost – Industry Executive Board Member
- LaDonna Smith – USPS, Customer Relations Coordinator
- Carol Zarek – USPS, Customer Relations Coordinator
- Dushon Sims – USPS, Manager Business Mail Entry
- Patricia Bridgeforth – USPS Mgr. Customer Relations
- Daniel Lesperance – USPS, Retail & Delivery Project Mgr.
- Lisa Riebel – USPS, Mgr. Consumer & Industry
- Lisa Mitchell – USPS, HQ, Sales Liaison
Some “fun facts” about the Detroit Area that you may not know are:
- Detroit is home to “Vernors” the oldest surviving ginger ale brand in the U.S.
- Detroit has the second largest theatre district in the U.S.
- Martin Luther King Jr’s infamous "I Have A Dream" speech was delivered during the March on Washington on August 28, 1963. However, some of the speech is similar to his speech he gave in Detroit following the city's Walk to Freedom March during the Civil Rights Movement on June 23,1963.
- Points of interest in the Art-Center are the Detroit Science Center, the Charles Wright Museum of African American History (which is home to the world's largest African American culture exhibit), Detroit Public Library, and the College for Creative Studies.
- Birthplace of Motown Records in the 50’s, and Techno in the 80’s.
For more information on the Detroit PCC please visit their website at: https://www.detroitpcc.com/about/about-us
The Detroit Postal Customer Council is thanking Detroit District employees throughout the Metro Detroit Area for their commitment coming to work every day. Paul Brotz, Owner, Colorpoint Print, comments: We would like to take this opportunity to thank the Detroit District Postal Workers for their services during these unprecedented times. The mail is an essential part of the infrastructure of this country and we are proud to present the banner to post offices to show our appreciation for their tireless service.
Employees truly appreciate being recognized by our business customers.
Every day the clerks and carriers deliver the mail and products that keep America moving.
The Detroit PCC presents a 4’ X 8’ banner and is displayed outside the employee and customer parking lots for all to see how much they are appreciated.
Southfield Post Office - July 21, 2020
College Park Station - July 23, 2020
Livonia Post Office - August 5, 2020
Seven Oak Station - August 7, 2020
Westland Canton Post Office - August 11, 2020
Brightmoor Station - November 24, 2020
Detroit North End Post Office November 9, 2021
PCC: Celebrates Detroit Processing Plants
Detroit GWY Processing & Districution Center March 12, 2021
Michigan Metroplex Pontiac March 24, 2021
National Distribution Center Allen Park August 30, 2021