Detroit PCC (Detroit MI)
Congratulations to the Detroit PCC for winning the 2022 Gold and 2022 Platinum Award Levels. They have been diligent in continuing to keep their membership informed and aware of all the programs and changes that can affect your business. You can learn more about our PCC below.
Detroit PCC (Detroit, MI)
Date founded: 1994
Members: Approximately 300 active members that cover all of Southeastern Michigan. We often partner with the Mid-Michigan PCC sharing presentaitons and ideas.
- NEW ! 2022 PCC Premiere Platinum Level Award
- NEW ! 2022 PCC Premier Gold Level Award
- 2021 PCC Premiere Platinum Level Award
- 2021 PCC Premier Gold Level Award
- 2021 PCC March Spotlight Award
- 2020 PCC Innovation of the Year Award – Gold Level
- 2020 PCC Membership Program Excellence Award – Silver Level
- PCC Innovation of the Year- Bronze Award on 2017
- PCC Premier Certificate Award - Gold Level Winners since 2012
- PCC Premier Platinum Award Winners since 2016
Despite the COVID-19 pandemic, the Detroit PCC has remained actively engaged communicating with their membership via email, phone and zoom virtual webinars. Although they had to postpone their large in-person events; the annual Golf outing, plant tour, Coney Dog Buffet, and Holiday Gala in 2020, the Detroit PCC continued their success by hosting various virtual events such as a Political Mail Campaign, National PCC Day, and “Training Elves to Help Santa” which stimulated membership participation with the USPS Operation Santa program.
What have we been doing for our industry membership?
The Detroit PCC kicked off 2022 by hosting an annual Rate Change webinar in January and co-hosting multiple hybrid webinars through April and the rest of the year. They have also been focusing on supporting the “Essential Worker Thank You” banner program. Throughout the year this program supported by Michigan 1 District Manager, Rick Moreton honors and thanks employees at the Detroit Processing and Distribution Center (P&DC), the Pontiac Metroplex, and the Allen Park Network Distribution Center (NDC) for their unwavering commitment of providing the best possible service to our customers. An ongoing effort, this program will continue honoring employees at local delivery Post Offices throughout the year.
We have been sharing multiple video webinars from around the country to entertain and educate. See our monthly offerings located on our NEWS page. The Detroit PCC will be hosting our annual golf outing Monday, August 1st which is in collaboration with the Advertising Production Club of Detroit. We will host our annual “Detroit Tiger Day” August 5th, 2022 where we take on The Tampa Bay Rays.
Friday, September 23, 2022 we are celebrating National PCC Day which will be at the NDC Processing facility in Allen Park MI. We will host messaging from the USPS Postmaster General Louis DeJoy with a luncheon and a plant tour. A favorite of our PCC membership. Register your team and we welcome you as a sponsor.
In addition, we are working on future Marketing and Manufacturing events in collaboration with Oakland University. We also look forward to supporting the NALC 2022 Food Drive on May 14, 2022 where across the country our delivery carriers will be collecting non-perishable foods from our customers as they deliver the days mail. Awesome Program.
The Detroit PCC is currently led by:
- Postal Co Chair – Ronald Morris, A/Postmaster, Detroit, MI
- Industry Co Chair – Paul Brotz, Delivery Point Mail Services
- Postal Administrator–LaDonna Smith, USPS, Customer Relations Coordinator
- Treasurer – Bob Munoz, Pitney Bowes Pre-Sort Services
- Michigan 1 District Manager – Richard Moreton
- Central Area Marketing Manager – Michael McInturf
- Committee Chairs:
- Industry Vice Chair-Jacob Busacker - Pitney Bowes
- Patrick Bresser – Bresser's Information Service
- Daria Czarnik - Royal Alliances
- Ed Mkrtumian - The Envelope Printery
- Kevin Yost – KEY Postal Advisors
- Carol Zarek – USPS, Customer Relations Coordinator
- Dushon Sims – USPS, Manager Business Mail Entry
- Patricia Bridgeforth – USPS Mgr. Customer Relations
- Daniel Lesperance – USPS, Retail & Delivery Project Mgr.
- Lisa Riebel – USPS, Mgr. Consumer & Industry
- Lisa Mitchell – USPS, HQ, Sales Liaison
Some “fun facts” about the Detroit Area that you may not know are:
- Detroit is home to “Vernors” the oldest surviving ginger ale brand in the U.S.
- Detroit has the second largest theatre district in the U.S.
- Martin Luther King Jr’s infamous "I Have A Dream" speech was delivered during the March on Washington on August 28, 1963. However, some of the speech is similar to his speech he gave in Detroit following the city's Walk to Freedom March during the Civil Rights Movement on June 23,1963.
- Points of interest in the Art-Center are the Detroit Science Center, the Charles Wright Museum of African American History (which is home to the world's largest African American culture exhibit), Detroit Public Library, and the College for Creative Studies.
- Birthplace of Motown Records in the 50’s, and Techno in the 80’s.
For more information on the Detroit PCC please visit their website at: https://www.detroitpcc.com/about/about-us