June 2, 2023 Jimmy John's Picnic
On June 2nd, the Detroit PCC knocked another one out of the park. This year we got our game on at Jimmy John's Field in Utica MI. This was a great opportunity to just sit back and chill on the patio deck in left field. The BBQ meal was great and we all had our fill. After the ball game they had fireworks and they were outstanding. This was a 'first-time' visit to Jimmy John's Field for many of us and we throughly enjoyed it.
Our seats were here in the patio, excellent view of game and fireworks.
Upcoming Events - Don't Miss them.
June 28, 2023 Envelope Printery Lunch & Learn Belleville MI
August 7, 2023 Annual Golf Outing Links of Novi Novi MI
September 22, 2023 National PCC Day Bellingham Town Hall Troy MI
December, 8, 2023 Annual Holiday Gala - Sinbad's Detroit MI
May 3, 2023 DIA Membership Drive and Stamp Dedication
The Detroit Postal Customer Council, Michigan 1 District, on May 3rd, 2023 hosted a spectacular event at the DIA Detroit Institute of Arts Museum (voted in 2023 the top museum in the nation). We combined a membership drive with a Special Stamp Dedication unveiling of the Roy Lichtenstein Stamp and invited all to join us for a mental health day. After attending the dedication our guests were allowed to wander the museum and allow the art to take over for a while. Our event was held in the Diego Rivera Court.
L to R: Robert Munoz, Pitney Bowes, LaDonna Smith, USPS, Ed Mrktumian, Envelope Printery, Jake Busacker, Pitney Bowes, Daria Czarnik, Royal Alliances, Carol Zarek, USPS, Gary Hinton, USPS.
Join this active business community! Not a PCC member yet? Sign up - Join in the Fun!
Promote local cooperation and support and to foster a close working relationship between the U.S. Postal Service and all businesses that use the mail to communicate and interact with their customers. Share information and facilitate the exchange of ideas about new and existing Postal Service products, programs, services, and procedures that affect all businesses that use the mail; and
Help PCC industry members and their organizations grow and develop professionally through focused educational programs.
Benefits of PCC Membership
There are benefits to connecting with a PCC. This nationwide network is a great way to get training, stay on top of mail innovations, and work hand-in-hand with a local Post Office to develop more effective, efficient, and profitable mailings.
Your local PCC offers these benefits...
Knowledge – Gain knowledge about postal products, services, and tools to improve mail quality, as well as help grow your business
Innovative Ideas – Learn about promotions and incentives that raise awareness of innovative mail uses
Expert Advice – Hear about how to integrate and expand your marketing through the mail
New Sources – Find new sources for acquiring mailing lists
Networking – Network with other mailers, business mail service providers, and USPS executives and hear first-hand from others about how they use mail to be more efficient and profitable, as well as face the same challenges you face
Best Practices – Leverage best practices to improve mailing effectiveness, efficiency, and profitability
Detroit PCC 2022 Winners of Premiere Platinum & Gold Level Awards
Detroit PCC (Detroit MI)
Congratulations to the Detroit PCC for winning the 2022 Gold and 2022 Platinum Award Levels. They have been diligent in continuing to keep their membership informed and aware of all the programs and changes that can affect your business. You can learn more about our PCC below.
Detroit PCC (Detroit, MI)
Date founded: 1994
Members: Approximately 300 active members that cover all of Southeastern Michigan. We often partner with the West-Michigan PCC.
- NEW ! 2022 PCC Premier Platinum Level Award
- NEW ! 2022 PCC Premier Gold Level Award
- 2021 PCC Premier Platinum Level Award
- 2021 PCC Premier Gold Level Award
- 2021 PCC March Spotlight Award
- 2020 PCC Innovation of the Year Award – Gold Level
- 2020 PCC Membership Program Excellence Award – Silver Level
- PCC Innovation of the Year- Bronze Award on 2017
- PCC Premier Certificate Award - Gold Level Winners since 2012
- PCC Premier Platinum Award Winners since 2016
Despite the COVID-19 pandemic, for the past 2 years, the Detroit PCC has remained actively engaged communicating with their membership via email, phone and zoom virtual webinars. Although they had to postpone large in-person events; the annual Golf outing, plant tour, Coney Dog Buffet, and Holiday Gala in 2020, the Detroit PCC continued their success by hosting various virtual events such as a Political Mail Campaign, National PCC Day, and “Training Elves to Help Santa” which stimulated membership participation with the USPS Operation Santa program.
What have we been doing for our industry membership?
The Detroit PCC kicked off 2023 by hosting an annual Rate Change webinar in January and co-hosting multiple hybrid webinars through March. They have also been focusing on supporting the “Essential Worker Thank You” banner program. Throughout the year this program supported by Michigan 1 District Manager, Rick Moreton honors and thanks employees at the Detroit Processing and Distribution Center (P&DC), the Pontiac Metroplex, and the Allen Park Network Distribution Center (NDC) for their unwavering commitment of providing the best possible service to our customers. An ongoing effort, this program will continue honoring employees at local delivery Post Offices throughout the year.
We have been sharing multiple video webinars from around the country to entertain and educate. See our monthly offerings located on our NEWS page. The Detroit PCC will be hosting our annual golf outing Monday, August 7th which is in collaboration with the Advertising Production Club of Detroit. We will host a new event at Jimmy Johns Field - A Summer Picnic on Friday, June 2nd.
We are celebrating National PCC Day in September (date to be determined) We will host messaging from the USPS Postmaster General Louis DeJoy with a luncheon. Programming will be coming to you soon. Register your team and we welcome you as a sponsor.
In addition, we are working on future Marketing and Manufacturing events. We also look forward to supporting the NALC 2023 Food Drive on Saturday, May 13, 2023 where across the country our delivery carriers will be collecting non-perishable foods from our customers as they deliver the days mail. Awesome Program.
The Detroit PCC is currently led by:
- Postal Co Chair – Ronald Morris, A/Postmaster, Detroit, MI
- Industry Vice Chair-Jacob Busacker - Pitney Bowes
- Industry Co Vice– Paul Brotz, Delivery Point Mail Services
- Secretary - Carol Zarek, USPS, Customer Relations
- Postal Administrator–LaDonna Smith, USPS, Customer Relations Coordinator
- Treasurer – Bob Munoz, Pitney Bowes Pre-Sort Services
- Michigan 1 District Manager – Richard Moreton
- Committee Chairs:
- Patrick Bresser – Bresser's Information Service
- Daria Czarnik - Royal Alliances
- Ed Mkrtumian - The Envelope Printery
- Kevin Yost – TGI Direct
- Will Ulrich - Midwest Direct Cleveland OH
- Gary Hinton - USPS, Customer Relations Coordinator
- Dushon Sims – USPS, Manager Business Mail Entry
- Patricia Bridgeforth – USPS Mgr. Customer Relations
- Daniel Lesperance – USPS, Retail & Delivery Project Mgr.
- Tony Sandberg - Farmers Insurance WMPCC Industry Co-Chair
- Beata Dechnik - WMPCC Customer Relations Coordinator
- Lisa Riebel – USPS, Mgr. Consumer & Industry
- Lisa Mitchell – USPS, HQ, Sales Liaison
Some “fun facts” about the Detroit Area that you may not know are:
- Detroit is home to “Vernors” the oldest surviving ginger ale brand in the U.S.
- Detroit has the second largest theatre district in the U.S.
- Martin Luther King Jr’s infamous "I Have A Dream" speech was delivered during the March on Washington on August 28, 1963. However, some of the speech is similar to his speech he gave in Detroit following the city's Walk to Freedom March during the Civil Rights Movement on June 23,1963.
- Points of interest in the Art-Center are the Detroit Science Center, the Charles Wright Museum of African American History (which is home to the world's largest African American culture exhibit), Detroit Public Library, and the College for Creative Studies.
- Birthplace of Motown Records in the 50’s, and Techno in the 80’s.
For more information on the Detroit PCC please visit their website at: https://www.detroitpcc.com/about/about-us